"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work."- Thomas Edison

Wednesday, August 25, 2010

I am Now Turning my Brain On

Hello everyone. My name is Tara Watson and I am from the small town of Jackson, Alabama, located a little over an hour north of Mobile. I have an amazing family, including a father, mother, older sister, and younger brother. We are extremely close knit, which is the main reason I chose a college within quick driving distance to home. However, I also heard many great things about the University of South Alabama and the Education Department, which in turn finalized my decision.

I am now in my second year and beginning my first education course, EDM 310 or Microcomputing. I am scared out of my mind about what this class has in store for me, but just as a good horror movie brings forth exhilarating fear, I am confident EDM 310 will do the same. When I was in my junior year of high school I was asked to assist with the Special Education class every day. This was a great opportunity that touched my heart and inspired me to pursue a career in Education. In my opinion, every individual is entitled to an education, regardless of mental abilities. I plan to go on to get my Masters degree and possibly my Doctorate as well after graduating from South.

In my free time I enjoy going to church, reading for leisure, bicycling, long walks under the sun, exploring nature and different species, spending time with family and friends, and laughing as much as possible.

3 comments:

  1. Hey Tara,
    I think you really have chosen a very good class to get you started here in the college of education. This was also my first class in education and it was probably the best class I have taken because I have learned so much.

    This is a great post to start this class! Keep up the good work.

    Stephen Akins

    ReplyDelete
  2. "...exhilarating fear..." I'll have to remember that! But your brain is on! No need to fear.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tara,
    I think it's awesome that you've chosen to pursue a degree in special education. I have the utmost respect for someone who can work with special needs children. My mother just graduated from the University of West Florida with the same degree. I personally wouldn't be able to handle such a task. Best of luck to you in your studies.

    ReplyDelete